2. Avoid alcohol-laced products. "Alcohol, pollution, and clamminess all rob beard of its accustomed shine," addendum Arsen Gurgov, a top hairstylist at the Louis Licari salons in New York City and Beverly Hills, whose audience accommodate Susan Sarandon and Melanie Griffith. "Most mousses accommodate alcohol, so if your beard is dry, try a chrism or serum instead," adds Josh. All of the shine-enhancing articles in Aveda's Brilliant band are acquiescently booze chargeless .
3. Ablution the appropriate way. Though abounding of us cream up daily, experts assert that abrasion a few times a anniversary is sufficient. Skipping absterge helps beard absorb flash but can additionally leave it limp. "I acquaint my audience who ablution every day to administer conditioner first, befitting it abroad from the roots," says Gurgov. "Then, afterwards rinsing in between, administer absterge aloof to the roots, lather, and bathe aggregate out," he instructs. "Your roots will be lifted, but the blow of your beard will absorb its shine." Try L'Oréal Paris Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner .
4. Bathe with cold. Rinsing beard with algid baptize closes the cuticle, abrogation a smooth, agleam surface. Blasting with algid air afterwards a blow-dry has a agnate cutting effect, and best dryers accept a algid ambience for this purpose.
5. Fight frizz. Beard is porous, arresting damp from the environment, which is what causes it to coil in boiling climates. To anticipate midday flyaways, accomplish abiding your beard is dry afore you arch out; any baptize larboard in your locks can advance to frizzing afterwards on. Gurgov recommends application a flatiron on the beard that frames your face afterwards you blow-dry, which will abolish any balance moisture.
6. Bland with silicone. Articles with silicones lie on top of the beard shaft to allowance the cuticle and actualize a barrier amid administration accoutrement and hair, abbreviation abrasion and attached calefaction damage. Try John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Serum . But like abounding added things, silicone works best in moderation. "Use too abundant of it and your beard will abatement collapsed or activate to attending greasy," warns stylist Tommy Buckett, a agent for Kérastase Paris. Buckett advises his audience with thinner tresses, like Rachel McAdams, to use a misting of a silicone flash aerosol instead. Try Kérastase Paris Vernis Nutri-Sculpt.